Costa Rica is a very diverse destination. Its coasts and mountains offer a great variety of landscapes and activities for all travelers, from the most adventurous to those who seek tranquility and relaxation. The exuberance of its tropical landscapes, its abundant biodiversity and the incredible beauty of its beaches are definitely its most attractive features, which make it an excellent choice for those who love nature. Precisely that is the topic of today´s post, where we give you some examples of the best beaches in Costa Rica for those who seek to experience all the magic of the tropics in places where beach and mountain come together in an outburst of buzzing wildlife.
Which could be the best beaches in Costa Rica
- Drake Bay (Osa Peninsula). One of the most remote destinations in Costa Rica. Beautiful beaches of turquoise waters, rivers of ample flows and a thick tropical forest that surrounds everything create a magical atmosphere that will make you feel in the middle of a true lost paradise. Additionally, it is a boat ride away from the Isla del Caño biological reserve, an exceptional place to dive and snorkel because of the abundant marine biodiversity that inhabits its vast coral reef gardens.
- Carate Beach (Osa Peninsula). Far south of Costa Rica, bathed by the intense blue of the Pacific Ocean, lies this extensive fine sand beach. Sunsets and sunrises at this destination are a display of such beauty that time seems to stop to enjoy the scene. Very few travelers arrive here so it is the ideal destination for those who enjoy the intimate privacy of an almost deserted beach. In addition, Playa Carate hides the entrance to the best kept secret in Central America, the entrance to the Corcovado National Park, the place with the highest biological density on the planet according to National Geografic.
- Manzanillo (South Caribbean). Quiet and chill with nature close at hand. This little town remains a vibrant outpost of Afro-Caribbean culture and has also remained pristine, thanks to the 1985 establishment of the Gandoca-Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge, which includes the village and imposes strict regulations on turistic development
- Playa Grande (North Pacific). This beautiful white sand beach is part of the Las Baulas National Marine Park. This lengthy beach is an ideal place to take sunbaths and hikes, especially to the west, where you can reach the small but really picturesque beaches Ventanas, Carbón and Cerro El Morro. From the point of view of conservation, it is a site of great importance as a habitat for waterfowl and a nesting area for leatherback turtles
- Playa Blanca Santa Elena (North Pacific). It is located on the peninsula of Santa Elena, the area of greatest geological antiquity in Costa Rica. It is a white sand beach of great scenic beauty and one of the most important places within the Santa Rosa National Park. This park preserves the most important sample of protected dry forest in Central America and is one of the most important sites for the survival of the jaguar, the king of the Latin American jungle.
So if you are a nature-loving explorer who also appreciates the delight of cooling off with the sea breeze lying on the sand under the shade of the tropical jungle, take the leap and book your flight towards these enchanting beaches. Also, if Playa Carate is on your list, don´t forget to check Finca Exótica, a paradise within paradise.