Volunteer program on Carate beach

Volunteer Program

Finca Exotica volunteer program in Corcovado, Costa Rica

Finca Exotica is an eco lodge, organic farm and part of Saimiri Wildlife Refuge, located in the rainforest near Corcovado, on the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica. We are a sustainable living center, which offers a way for people to learn, teach and develop ideas for sustainability, art and healthy living. Our mission is to preserve the environment around us and to work in a sustainable manner. We live on just 3% of our land in order to give absolute protection to the remaining 97%, in line with our management plan for the Saimiri Refuge.

We open the doors to all people who seek a place for their workshops, research and hobbies whilst cooperating with the daily work carried out at Finca Exotica. Because we have to coordinate the number of volunteers that can stay in our facilities, we ask that you send your request with your CV and a photograph a minimum 3 months in advance. Please give us some time to respond to your request.

Focus on areas of interest for volunteers:
Finca Exotica offers various volunteer opportunities for students, groups and independent travelers.

Between November 15th and May 1st we have our high season. This is the perfect time to visit for anyone interested and experienced in customer service, tourism, cooking, art, hospitality management and English classes. The minimum length of stay is 4 weeks.

From May 1st to November 15th, we have our green season, as this is generally when we have the first real rains. It is the perfect time to work on permaculture, agriculture, areas of biology, art, English classes and community education activities. The minimum length of stay is 2 weeks.

Finca Exotica offers volunteers:

Accommodation in our tiki tents
3 delicious and healthy meals a day at our organic food restaurant
Internet access
Full interaction with our Finca Exotica family and local Carate community
A fun atmosphere in the tropical forest, an unforgettable experience!

What we ask of our volunteers:
No experience necessary, just the desire to learn and work together.
Speak English
6 hours of work a day, for 6 days a week

Volunteers must pay their own travel expenses, accommodation, food, personal items and international insurance. The cost for stay varies according to the work done in Finca Exotica.

If you are interested, contact us now


We are nestled in between the palms and the beach in Carate. Carate is a remote part of the southern coast of the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica located 42 kilometers from Puerto Jimenez. Beyond Matapalo you will find us down the road to the Corcovado National Park on the right just before the runway.

View on Google Maps
Costa Rica, Osa Peninsula
clear sky
humidity: 72%
wind: 13mph E
H 71 • L 70
Weather from OpenWeatherMap

Whatsapp: (+506) 8359 8408

Email: fincaexotica@gmail.com

Skype: fincaexotica